Monday, February 27, 2012

Weekend Re-Cap

We found a couch! Ok, it ended up being one that we had seen at Ikea. I started sharing our couch shopping experience here, though it's nothing special; just for me to keep track of.

We spent Friday night building it, which was much easier then we anticipated but did take about 2 hours. Most of the time was spent trying to put the slipcover on the cushions. All the cushions has this special none slip coating on the edges, which I love, but dang does that make them hard to put on. Here's the husband on the Ikea Ektorp Love Seat with Chaise Lounge after all his hard work

You can see the corner of our old couch in the background. We pretended to have movie theater seating for a hot minute. Worked well enough, however, we're building a bookcase back there soon.

Saturday I got the day to myself since the husband had a work event. I built a coffee table, put felt covers on the feet, and decoupaged some outlet covers. More on all of that soon. I went to a Arbonne party for a friend that just became a consultant, had her give me her amazing stuffed mushrooms recipe, and learned more about an exciting business venture I'm about to partake in. I also made some amazing rock fish, which, along with the mushrooms, I'll post before too long.


Sunday we moved the brown couch. This was quite a feat. Our staircase leading to the main floor is very narrow, and has a very small turn radius. When we moved into our home we actually rented a scissor lift to lift our furniture up to our deck, to move into the house. The brown couch included. So trying to move the brown couch, without renting another scissor lift was quite eventful. I had the husband, my FIL, my dad, and our friend Franco, show up in the morning. Franco and my dad carried the couch from the living room, through the kitchen, onto the deck. Chris was standing on his dad's utility van, Franco had gone down to stand on a ladder, and Ward next to him. My dad and I pushed the couch over the railing down to Chris, my dad ran down, and we all worked together to lower the couch onto the driveway. Very epic moment, full of me trying not to hyper-ventilate.

We also started cutting and threading pipe for the bookcase, and I made amazing baked broccoli (makes it taste sweeter!) really yummy and moist parmesan crusted pork chops.  Recipes coming this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment